IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNING ABOUT GRUNDFOS UNILIFT APB 3-PHASE DRAINAGE PUMPS
This is to inform you of a safety warning and ask for your immediate assistance.
Grundfos has issued a safety warning about our UNILIFT APB 3-phase pumps produced from week 49, 2016 to week 37, 2017.
Based on our own investigations, we have come to the conclusion that under a number of certain conditions, affected products may pose a risk of giving an electric shock.
It is only products produced within the mentioned periods that pose a risk, since the design in other models is different.
Click HERE for instructions on how to identify affected products.
Since these products have been sold by you in the past, we hereby ask you for your immediate help and assistance in making sure that all affected products will be identified, replaced and/or repaired as soon as possible.
Grundfos strongly urges you as an Authorised Dealer to:
- Stop selling affected products, isolate the stock and immediately contact Grundfos on 1300 337 733 to register the pumps and we will arrange the pickup and organize a replacement pump to be sent ASAP
- Help identify affected products already sold.
- For any product you sold, we ask you to contact your customer by sending the communication found HERE immediately. The letter will explain they need to contact you and arrange for the pump to be replaced.
Grundfos corrective actions:
1. Grundfos will call back, replace or repair all UNILIFT APB 3-phase pumps produced from week 49, 2016 to week 37, 2017. This is free of charge for the End User, and Grundfos will cover the costs in relation to this product replacement.
2. Grundfos is informing relevant authorities, Distributors, Installers and End Users that the products from the specified period may pose a risk of giving an electric shock under certain circumstances.
3. Grundfos is also announcing the safety warning on the relevant Grundfos websites and other communication channels, and offers further assistance and information.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but safety, responsibility and reliability is our first priority.
Please note that due to the safety risk and the urgency, we expect that you as our valued and trusted partner will take the necessary actions to handle this issue without hesitation.